We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ford's Theater tickets

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Ford's Theater tickets

Our trip is in a little over two weeks and we have our Congressional tours set for the Capital and Library of Congress as wel as our timed entries for the National Archives, Holocaust Museum and The Washington Monument. Still waiting to hear about our White House Tour but we aren't gonna hold our breaths and have something planned that can be moved if we do get them.

Our one question we have is about Ford's Theater, though We are planning on visiting on Saturday, August 30th and wondered if it makes sense to spend the money and pre-purchase entry tickets )with the audio tour). Seems like some people say its prudent to and others say its not necessary. Being Labor Day weekend, just wondered

What says the Peanut Gallery?

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
13,499 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ford's Theater tickets

At this moment, the Ford's Theatre ticket website is showing "high middle" availability of audiotour tickets all day on Saturday, August 30th (except for 4pm). Why don't you just watch the website and if tickets start getting scarce, you can order some then?

I would only order tickets now if visiting Ford's Theatre were a "must see at all costs at one certain time" place for you.

Edited: 1:30 pm, August 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ford's Theater tickets

Thanx - Ford's Theater is the one place that my wife really wants to visit, and that time is more or less the only time that really fits our itinerary without having to rush thru....

Chicago
Level Contributor
514 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ford's Theater tickets

I would order tickets esp if this is the one time that fits your itinerary. I really wanted to visit Ford's theater and my husband didn't really have an interest. After we went; he said it was one of his favorite museums. It is done very well and very interesting. We did not do the audio tour though and still felt we got a lot out of it. You are going to have a great trip!! We just got home and had an amazing vacation with our two teenagers. Enjoy!

4. Re: Ford's Theater tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 13, 2015