We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi options

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bloomington-Normal...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi options

We have a family trip coming up in May. There are four adults and three children (7,5,1) in my group. We will be staying in Georgetown, not so close to metro. I think taxi will be a better option for us to visit the attractions on the mall. What is the best way to get a taxi that can accommodate all of us? Is taking two taxi cars our only option? Are there taxis equipped with car seats (mainly for the 18 month old)? Thanks in advance.

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,831 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi options

For a group of 7 your will need two Taxis. You'll find few if any Taxis that have car seats. Best to bring your own.

Edited: 1:28 pm, March 03, 2014
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
856 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi options

You camn also take a bus and bring a collapsible umbrella stroller on the bus, i believe 32 and 36 go to mall area, but check out www.wmata.com for details and timetables. Also look at this similar question that has already been discussed regarding car seats: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28970-i40-k267336…

3. Re: Taxi options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 05, 2015