We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

itinerary help and or suggestions

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
va
Level Contributor
68 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
itinerary help and or suggestions

Can I please have some expert advise on our plans. We are a family of 4 staying at the Rosslyn Holiday Inn.

I really hope we can walk over the key bridge to georgetown most nights for dinner. My kids are 10 and 11, do you think that is realistic?

Friday, 8/18- getting in around 7ish at night, so not planning anything major.

Saturday 8/19

· Air and Space

· Natural Museum of American Indian

· DC United game starts at 4, already bought tickets

Sunday 8/20

· Spy Museum- tickets for 10:30

· National Portrait Gallery-

· eat lunch in Chinatown

· walk by Library of Congress and Supreme Court-

· Seacatch - (daughter's bday dinner)

Monday 8/21

· Bureau of Engraving and Printing (I know I need tickets)

· Old Post Office Pavilion- -

· Natural History-

· National Archives- (saw last year, so this is a "if time permits")

· National Museum of American History-

Tuesday 8/22

· Zoo- RED line

· National Postal Museum

· Union Station- lunch

· Tomb of Unknown Soldiers

Wednesday 8/23

· view Washington Monument and White House

Leave around 10ish.

So is this practical? I am a little worried about Monday. Thanks for all the input.

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,142 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: itinerary help and or suggestions

I think you all will be fine. Yes--you can walk over the Key Bridge--I've done it many times. Saturday, if you want to do the 2 museums and then get to the game, be sure to keep track of the time so that you can properly divide your time at both places. You may want to allow for an equal amount of time at each or if one museums interests you more than another, then spend more time at your favorite one. Sunday, it could work if you plan on having a late lunch so as to allot enough time for both places. Monday--since you already saw the National Archives, you may want to drop that off the itinerary so you don't feel rushed or worn out. Tuesday--you could literally spend hours at the Zoo so I don't know if you will also be able to do the Postal Museum before lunch. Wednesday--sounds good. BTW, I hope you do a trip report when you return home--I especially want to know what you thought of the Sea Catch--Enjoy your stay.

2. Re: itinerary help and or suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, August 12, 2009