We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Many Days?

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wellington, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
How Many Days?

We are planning a spring trip and have never been. About how many days would be sufficient to see the sights?

washington dc
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How Many Days?

Do some research into all the things there are to see and do here. Decide what you want to see and do then you can plan accordingly. 4 days is a decent minimum, a lifetime is not enough. Read some trip reports. And everything varies according to your group, energy, interests etc. Also, spring is the most crowded & expensive time to visit. If that is the only time possible for you it can still be good, but if you have other options - come any other time.

Wellington, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How Many Days?

Thank you. Yes it does seem to be expensive when checking hotel prices. My husband wants to see the cherry blossoms. I know there is no guarantee but the only week I could schedule off work was the first week in April. I planned for 4 days so hopefully it will work (5 nights).

Groton, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How Many Days?

I have been to DC every year for the past 3 years and still haven't seen everything so just do some research and base it on your likes / dislikes and go at an easy pace. Don't try to overdo it and you will enjoy it. Its a great city and worth multiple trips.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
19,725 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How Many Days?

Don't put off making your reservations. Hotels can sell out during that time. nationalcherryblossomfestival.org/2013/…

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
14,928 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How Many Days?

Yes, DC hotels can be expensive, but since so many sttractions are free, it evens out. And I agree, 4 days is a decent minimum

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,279 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How Many Days?

Yes 4 days is good.

Wellington, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How Many Days?

Thank you all for the input!

8. Re: How Many Days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 20, 2014