We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest Way--Stay in Baltimore, Commute Over To DC?

Toronto,Ontario
Level Contributor
669 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Cheapest Way--Stay in Baltimore, Commute Over To DC?

From what many have said in forums, seems Baltimore and Washington are quite close and taking the train between both is cheap and quick. Here is what I was also thinking, if I am flying out of Buffalo, Southwest flies direct to Baltimore but does not to Washington, and the airfare is $175 return. Where flying from Toronto to Washington the airfare is over $300. Now my guess is accommodations are cheaper in Baltimore than Washington, so would it be fine you think to stay in Baltimore then and just head over to Washington during the day for a few hours to take in the sights etc? It was suggested to stay in one of the two cities and just head over to the other one on a day trip. Much appreciated.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,420 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cheapest Way--Stay in Baltimore, Commute Over To DC?

While the Best Western Georgetown is not actually in Georgetown, it is pretty well located. A few blocks from both the Foggy Bottom and the Dupont Circle Metro station. Almost next door to the Renaissance Dupont Circle.

12. Re: Cheapest Way--Stay in Baltimore, Commute Over To DC?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 09, 2014