We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap hotels

columbia sc
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
cheap hotels

planning to visit first weekend in November, for first time. Any suggestions for cheap hotel outside dc area. I am really on a budget . I plan to use metro to get to sites.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
32 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: cheap hotels

During the summer, I see quite a few families that look like tourists using the shuttle for this hotel near the New Carrolton Metro stop. www.metropointshotel.com/hotel-overview/

A number of school groups use the Holiday Inn and Fairfield Inn near Bladensburg Road by the city limits. These are budget, but still more than $60 per night. There are Motel 6 and Red Roof Inn in the DC area, but none that I would recommend.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,373 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: cheap hotels

Having to rely on a hotel shuttle is a way to add wasted time and frustration to what should be a nice vacation.

Vestal, New York
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: cheap hotels

Try the Residence Inn in Falls Church. Free breakfast, kitchen (bring your own food) and it is near a metro stop at a mall - you can park in the mall parking garage and take the train into the city so you don't have to worry about parking.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: cheap hotels

$63 at the Americana is not going to be beat. Regarding the Expedia hotels out near Dulles Airport for $59/night, I'd probably go with the Courtyard (Which I generally like to begin with) if that is what you are considering. Another piece of advice...if you look on eBay you can usually find $50 expedia vouchers for $30. If you get two of those and book your two reservations separately, you can get the room for ~$39/night (before tax)

AM13

15. Re: cheap hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, October 11, 2014