We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zoo Open?

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Zoo Open?

Greetings from Minnesota! I'm visiting your fair city tomorrow through July 5. How are the mosquitos where you are? I see on the Smithsonian website that all museums are open as of today except for the National Museum of American History. Can anyone tell me if the Zoo is open now? I have my heart set on visiting Tai Shan! Thanks!

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,217 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zoo Open?

Hi Pandafan:

I have seen no indication that the zoo is closed. You should be all set for tomorrow. The mosquitos haven't been too bad (yet!) but you may plan to bring some repellent just in case, especially for dusk hours when they can sometimes come out in droves. Have a wonderful weekend!

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
164 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zoo Open?

The Zoo is open, with the caveat that there might -- stress might -- be some difficulty with the "lower" part of the Zoo; perhaps some mud and clutter. It is low-lying ground bordered by Rock Creek, which turned ugly during the recent rains.

Mosquitoes aren't an issue here. It's you guys in MinneSOta and North DaKOta, not us, who sell t-shirts & souvenirs with mosquito jokes!