We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe areas to stay in DC

Toronto
Level Contributor
2 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Safe areas to stay in DC

My boyfriend and I are travelling to Washington, DC this month for the first time and trying to figure out the best place to stay. We were debating between:

Monaco (Klimpton Hotel) - 700 F Street NW (Downtown / Chinatown) or

Hilton - 815 14th Street N.W

Originally were were thinking the Hilton but after looking at the views some people said its not the safest area at night and I haven't seen anything about the Monaco location.

Can someone please help provide some insight into what is a safer location especially if we are heading out at night?

Thanks!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe areas to stay in DC

I don't know who these "some people" are but they're wrong. Both locations are absolutely fine from a safety standpoint.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,601 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe areas to stay in DC

There are two Hilton Garden Inn properties in DC. The one on 14th Street NW is in a fine location. The other is in the NE quadrant and not as good of an area. Some people may have been confused when they wrote their review.

The Monaco, however, is an even better area for a tourist. Closer to more restaurants and bars and closer to more of the usual sights. And it's a Kimpton. It would definitely be my choice over the Hilton Garden Inn.

Toronto
Level Contributor
2 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safe areas to stay in DC

Thanks everyone for the help! It's much appreciated :-)

4. Re: Safe areas to stay in DC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 13, 2014