We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arlington Hotels

Weatherford...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Arlington Hotels

We are coming to DC Oct 3-Oct 9. This is our first trip so we will do all the tourist sites. Having great difficulty finding rooms downtown. Can someone please offer suggestions elsewhere that would be less than 20 min metro ride in the $200-$250 budget? No clue what neighborhood or alternate City I should be looking into. We will fly in and out of BWI. Thanks

D.C. Ducks
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Duck Tours
Sunderland
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Arlington Hotels

We stayed at the Virginian Suites in Rosslyn almost 3 years ago. Not the most modern of hotels but a bonus for us was that we had an appartment style room with full kitchen. Was very clean and the staff were great. They also have a shuttle to the metro morning and early evening.

We found it to be very convenient and cheaper than downtown. Should be in budet too. Another budget option would be the Americana.....I haven't stayed there but it always gets honourable mentions on here.

Jo in the UK

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arlington Hotels

In Arlington, my top choice would be Le Meridian Arlington. 2 blocks walk from the Rosslyn Metro, 2 blocks walk from Key Bridge (that, once you walk across, will put you in Georgetown). $143.64 per night on LMT Club.

I myself would probably opt for the Dupont Circle Hotel given your budget. Sits ON Dupont Circle (in Washington, not VA) and is adjacent to the Dupont Circle Metro Station. Superior Room with your choice of 1 King or 2 Double beds is $216.19 per night on LMT Club.

Hilton Arlington (a little further out on the Orange Line, near Ballston) is within walking distance to several nice restaurants and sits on top of the Metro Station. You can choose between a room with a King or 2 Double beds for $116 per night non-refundable on Hilton.com, $129 fully cancelable, or $149 including breakfast and wifi. If you go the package route, you may want to consider a room on the executive level for $143 per night prepaid. According to Hilton.com, "the Executive Lounge amenities includes breakfast service (Mon-Fri), afternoon snacks, beverages, evening hors d'oeuvres, and honor bar (Sun-Thu) plus free WiFi."

AM13

PS - Membership to LMT Club usually costs $50, but if you fill out this short, travel survey, you can get a free membership. It is SO worth less than 5 minutes of your time to complete...they have great deals.

deals.lastminutetravel.com/travel-survey

Annapolis
Level Contributor
131 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arlington Hotels

Please familiarize yourself with the Metro map before you book a room. The red line has a major shut down on Oct 5-6 you will have to work around if you stay at DuPont Circle. Either plan your itinerary for other travels or plan to walk to Farragut West. Personally, I would stick with the orange line recommendation that weekend.

http://wmata.com/rail/trackwork.cfm

washington dc
Level Contributor
4,228 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arlington Hotels

If you're not limiting yourself to just hotels, there are several good vacation rental apts. - actually in DC and within a couple of blocks to a metro - available in your budget.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,179 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arlington Hotels

Crystal City has lower hotel rates and is about 10-15mins from downtown by Metro

6. Re: Arlington Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 20, 2014