We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four Seasons DC joins Hotwire Hotel Offering

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Four Seasons DC joins Hotwire Hotel Offering

WASHINGTON, D.C. — As hotels scramble to increase vacancy rates this summer, a growing number of luxury hotels are turning to discounted travel sites to fill unsold rooms. In Washington D.C., the prestigious Four Seasons Hotel in Georgetown, which was Oprah's accommodation of choice for the inauguration of Barack H. Obama, is Hotwire's newest offering. Listed as the only five-star hotel in the "Georgetown-Foggy Bottom" neighborhood, guests will enjoy discounted rates. Over Memorial Day Weekend, a limited number of rooms were available at a nightly rate of $379, deeply discounted from the $495 rate available through the hotel directly.

----------

Just thought this was interesting. I'm not a huge fan of the Four Seasons personally...I think its highly overrated with a less-than-ideal location for the average tourist, but at the end of the day...it IS the Four Seasons....the house car can sweep you off your feet and carry you off to the destination of your choice. It is certainly a great deal for the Four Seasons, and is something I feel is worth mentioning on the forum. I've spotted similar discounts to those mentioned above throughout the summer months.

AM13

Mentioned in this post
Washington DC
Washington DC
District of Columbia
Georgetown
Georgetown
2,526 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
The Georgetown Inn
The Georgetown Inn
635 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,839 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Four Seasons DC joins Hotwire Hotel Offering

I think it is amazing they want "to increase vacancy rates" rather than rent their rooms. LOL

I don't know much about the chain, but the new Capella Hotel might be giving them some competition. capellahotels.com/washingtondc/georgetown/

2. Re: Four Seasons DC joins Hotwire Hotel Offering

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 28, 2014