We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food near National Mall

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minnesota
Level Contributor
98 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Food near National Mall

Hello -

We are arriving in DC on a Thursday afternoon in June and will be checking into the Willard Hotel around 4:00. From there we plan to take a walk around the White House, then grab a dinner somewhere before doing a monument tour. I see that food directly around the Mall is limited. Can anyone offer suggestions for a quick bite (where we could walk in) near the Mall after coming on foot from the White House? If there are food trucks nearby, that might even work. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food near National Mall

I don't think any food trucks are near the area at that time. I like Elephant and Castle for a sit down meal. If you are looking for somthing quick there are places such as Au Bon Pain, Cosi, Subway, Pottbelly etc around 10th St NW- 12th St NW near the cross street E st NW. Google and you will find a few places.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
25 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food near National Mall

There really is very little between the White House and the Mall besides hot dog carts. On the 17th Street side of the White House (opposite the Willard side of the White House), there is a Cosi that is open until 8pm on Thursdays. .

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
19,721 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food near National Mall

Are you doing this tour on your own? If not, exactly where does the tour start? As others have noted, that end of The Mall has almost no food unless you get several blocks away.

richmond
Level Contributor
904 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food near National Mall

District Taco is near your hotel and is fast casual and delicious!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
98 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food near National Mall

Thanks all, you kind of confirmed my research. We are doing to the tour on our own, so we are flexible. We'll find something. Thanks for the suggestions!

6. Re: Food near National Mall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:22 am, June 04, 2013
Atlanta GA
Level Contributor
9 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Food near National Mall

We went to Washington DC last year. The one restaurant that stood out above all was Rasika. Even though this is supposed to be an Indian restaurant, this place has fusion cooking. This makes it very unique and the taste is really great. See the reviews :http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g28970-d668468-Reviews-or10-Rasika-Washington_DC_District_of_Columbia.html#REVIEWS

I am a food connoisseur. We went a bit late and the manager bent over backwards to make everything just right. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

washington dc
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Food near National Mall

Just in general - "Food trucks" are interesting unique cuisines located in trucks that generally park near downtown business districts. They all have apps to locate them - but I don't do apps.

Around the mall area, there are trucks with "food" - meaning hot dogs, stale pretzels, ice cream & drinks etc. It is always best to grab whatever sustenance you think you might need before you get to the mall area.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Food near National Mall

I had found this link a couple months ago; haven't used it but it may help in finding food trucks:

http://foodtruckfiesta.com/

10. Re: Food near National Mall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 08, 2014