We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liaison Capital Hill to Dulles taxi?

Johannesburg
Level Contributor
430 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Liaison Capital Hill to Dulles taxi?

I'm settled on my previous query on getting from Reagan International to my Hotel (Liaison Capitol Hill Hotel- 415 New Jersey Avenue) that I will use the standard taxi service.

My flight out from DC is leaving from Dulles- which I see if much further away.

Do I still arrange a standard taxi or must I arrange a private shuttle.

We are 15 in total and have luggage.

Thanks for the help- it's really appreciated.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
35 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Liaison Capital Hill to Dulles taxi?

My sister arranged for a taxi from the Liaison Capitol Hill hotel to Dulles, and the fare that was quoted to her was not what she was charged -- by a significant amount. With 15 people, you could consider any of the following:

1. Rent a van or two at Union Station, which is only a few blocks from your hotel. There are a couple of car rental agencies that have booths at Union Station -- National/Avis for sure, and I think Budget. You could take the vans out to Dulles, drop off everyone and the luggage at the terminal, and then return the vans at the car rental agencies at Dulles. They used to allow you to pick up cars at Union Station and leave them at a different location without charging you, but you'd have to check with the car company to make sure that's still the case. That might save money over a private cab service.

2. Contact the door-to-door Super Shuttle and see what they can offer. They will pick you up at the hotel and drop you at the airport. I know they offer discounts for groups but I don't know how large the group must be to qualify for it. Weblink is supershuttle.com/Locations/IADAirportShuttle…

3. Your group could get a cab to the 5A metro bus to Dulles. The bus picks up at L'Enfant Plaza metro stop, and goes directly to the airport with 2 stops along the way. The fare is only $6 per person (exact change only.) It takes about 45 minutes to get from the L'Enfant Plaza pick up spot to the airport. Website is www.wmata.com/bus/timetables/dc/05a.pdf?n This is by far the cheapest option you would have, and I take the bus all the time out to Dulles. The good thing is that the L'Enfant Plaza pick-up location is the first stop for the bus, so you'd be likely to get seats for all of your party. You could catch cabs to L'Enfant Plaza -- the cab ride would take about 10 minutes at most.

Hope this helps!

Johannesburg
Level Contributor
430 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Liaison Capital Hill to Dulles taxi?

Thanks. It does help. I will investigate your suggestions further

3. Re: Liaison Capital Hill to Dulles taxi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 pm, April 30, 2013
4. Re: Liaison Capital Hill to Dulles taxi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 20, 2014