We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Dulles in the middle of the night?

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Dulles in the middle of the night?

5:30 AM domestic flight out of IAD, with a 12:30 AM return the following week. No Metro, right? Is SuperShuttle my best option from Columbia Heights? Other suggestions?

Edited: 11:28 pm, April 17, 2013
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
19,854 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Dulles in the middle of the night?

Either a taxi or a car and driver arranged ahead of time. Or use public transportation during business hours and spend a short night at a Dulles hotel with a shuttle to the airport. SuperShuttle will work, but their on-time record is spotty for trips to the airport.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
718 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Dulles in the middle of the night?

I've used Uber in a similar situation, with success. Also Sunny's limo service and Family First limo service - both pricey (more than Uber) but ultra-reliable and great to deal with. I can't stand Supershuttle. Unreliable, takes forever, and overpriced - a bad trifecta!

Dallas
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Dulles in the middle of the night?

Thinking more in the economy-mode: would I be able to get a taxi to the airport from the Falls Church or West Falls Church Metro station? I believe the last train arrives WFC around 11 P.M. Thanks. Or is there a better place to disembark?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
19,854 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Dulles in the middle of the night?

Are you thinking of going to Dulles Airport late in the evening and spending the night at the airport? I don't know how that might go at the airport, but the last Washington Flyer bus from West Falls Church to the airport leaves at 10:45 PM. http://www.washfly.com/flyer_bus_schedule.htm An even cheaper option is the 5A bus from L'Enfant Plaza that leaves for Dulles at 10:38 PM. www.wmata.com/bus/timetables/dc/05a.pdf

Dallas
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Dulles in the middle of the night?

Yes, probably staying the night in the airport, as getting a SuperShuttle at 3 AM doesn't sound fun. The 5A sounds like the best plan. Thanks very much.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
856 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to Dulles in the middle of the night?

Here's a guide to sleeping at Dulles: sleepinginairports.net/usa/….UXASpY7akso

7. Re: Getting to Dulles in the middle of the night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 pm, May 01, 2013
8. Re: Getting to Dulles in the middle of the night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 20, 2014