We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat in between Capitol tour and Supreme Court tour?

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
81 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Where to eat in between Capitol tour and Supreme Court tour?

Any suggestions for a family of 5 to rest and eat lunch in between tours on a Wednesday?

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
14,862 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to eat in between Capitol tour and Supreme Court tour?

Try one of the House cafeterias like the one in the Longworth Building. These cafeterias are open to the public and you just need to ask a guard as you enter the building where to find it. (Or your tour guide could give you directions.) We found there to be a wide variety of food choices at the Longworth Building cafeteria at quite reasonable prices.

Here are some Yelp.com reviews to read: yelp.com/biz/longworth-cafeteria-washington

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,366 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to eat in between Capitol tour and Supreme Court tour?

Union station has a ton of options

Minnesota
Level Contributor
73 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to eat in between Capitol tour and Supreme Court tour?

I read that the library of congress has a cafeteria on 6th floor with great views - have never been there though I'm thinking about going there.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
201 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to eat in between Capitol tour and Supreme Court tour?

My friends loved eating at the Supreme Court cafeteria. The justices usually eat from the cafeteria, so my friends kept thinking things to themselves like, "Sandra Day O'Connor could have eaten off this very tray with this very fork!"

Boston
Level Contributor
47 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to eat in between Capitol tour and Supreme Court tour?

I second Union Station. Upstairs at Chop't. In fact I'm sitting here right now and then headed to Capital.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
21,176 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to eat in between Capitol tour and Supreme Court tour?

The Capitol Visitor Center is not open on Sunday, so you may be disappointed.

7. Re: Where to eat in between Capitol tour and Supreme Court tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 02, 2014