We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 day trip in DC, stop at Baltimore Aquarium on the way out?

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, CO
Level Contributor
37 posts
159 reviews
Save Topic
4 day trip in DC, stop at Baltimore Aquarium on the way out?

My son (11) and I are traveling from Denver to NYC, and then taking the train to DC. We will be downtown from 3/30 afternoon until 4/3. We are flying out of BWI late in the evening on 4/3.

What is our best option to get from DC to BWI? I was thinking the MARC train/Penn line. Seems to leave every hour and only costs $6. If we stay in DC, then we can keep our bags at the hotel until we are ready to leave. I have things we can do in DC.

Another option would be to go to the Baltimore National Aquarium. Leave earlier on 4/3.. hang out by the aquarium and the wharf in Baltimore, until we leave...

So..things I'm considering, for the aquarium:

-I heard there was construction at the aquarium. Might not be worth going.

-I think we can take the same MARC train to get close to the aquarium, and then a taxi or something... (any ideas on a better way?). Aquarium personnel that I called didn't know.

-Where would store our bags near the aquarium? Does the aquarium itself have any storage?

-I don't want to get to the aquarium too early, because we need to be at the airport around 7pm. Not sure of a good time to get there.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
19,729 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 day trip in DC, stop at Baltimore Aquarium on the way out?

I would say most of your questions would be better answered on the Baltimore Forum.

MARC, Penn Line will work fine to get you to BWI. Camden Line will get you nearer the National Aquarium. But it doesn't run as often.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,069 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 day trip in DC, stop at Baltimore Aquarium on the way out?

MARC is easiest way to Baltimore. Don't know about Aquarium construction or whether it would impede your visit but that would be in the website. Bags--- good luck on that one. Don't think the Aquarium will hold bags but you can ask. there are no lockers at BWI but you can ask your airline about early baggage checkin. In that case, you could get off train at airport, check luggage and then just take the light rail into Baltimore for that visit. Costs you some time but doable. It would be about 20 minutes back to the airport from the time you get on the light rail (you would not take the train back). Light rail runs about every 15 minutes and you would have a 3 block walk to the light rail from the aquarium so realistically need to leave about an hour before you want to get to the airport.

3. Re: 4 day trip in DC, stop at Baltimore Aquarium on the way out?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 29, 2014