We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with final hotel choice!?!

Charlottesville...
5 posts
Save Topic
Help with final hotel choice!?!

Going to DC for 3 nights and I am having a hard time making my final decision on hotels. We have narrowed it down to Mariott at Metro Center, Hamilton Crowne Plaza, or Holiday Inn Capitol. We are traveling there by Amtrak so prefer to be close to metro. Our time will be spent at the museums and monuments. Will be traveling with husband and teenage son. Which hotel will give the best overall experience?

All input welcome!

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
2,994 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with final hotel choice!?!

Marriott Metro Center. It's the easiest to reach from Union Station (although all three are easy), and has the best collection of places to eat nearby.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,410 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with final hotel choice!?!

Of those you listed, the Marriott at Metro Center is by far the better choice. Very best location, closest to a Metro station and lots of places to eat close-by. I don't even see it as much of a contest.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with final hotel choice!?!

A third vote for Marriott Metro Center. Not only is it a nicer property than either of the other options, but its location is tremendous, bar none.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
759 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with final hotel choice!?!

Another vote for Marriott Metro Center! (But none of your choices would be horrible.) MMC is across from Macy's, on top of the Metro Center Metro station (Blue/Orange/Red Lines - you would take Red from Union Station), right by tons of good restaurants......hard to go wrong with that location. Have a great time! :)

Charlottesville...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with final hotel choice!?!

Thanks so much for the input! I had found an great deal on the Crowne Plaza..so I was leaning that way, but it looks like it would be worth the extra money.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with final hotel choice!?!

HOLD ON! What are the dates you are coming? And what type of room do you need, a king or 2 doubles? I might have a great deal for the Marriott Metro Center dependent on the dates!!

~AM13

Charlottesville...
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with final hotel choice!?!

We will be there March 23-26. We need 2 doubles. A deal would be great!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
84 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with final hotel choice!?!

we would be interested in great rate of Marriott too, coming 3/29-4/1, 3 nights, thanks!

singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help with final hotel choice!?!

We will be in Washington Jun 16 till 19. Will your "great deal for the Marriott Metro Center dependent on the dates" be for those dates? We are 2 adults with a 12 year old so will need a room with 2 beds. Thanks for the help.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help with final hotel choice!?!

Whoo---okay. One at a time here!

New2travel00 - $170 per night for a room with 2 double beds for your dates. Advertised rate on Marriott site is $305/night average ($159 first night, $379 for nights 2 and 3).

OhYa - $178 per night for a room with 1 king or 2 double beds for your dates. Advertised rate on Marriott site is $259/night.

glicopocky - $285 per night for a room with 2 double beds. Advertised rate on Marriott site is $339/night.

ALL OF THESE RATES ARE FULLY CANCELABLE (NOT PREPAID). If any of you are interested and would like specific booking details, let me know! New2travel00 and OhYa----ASAP!