We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wonderful home rentals?

metro Atlanta
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Topic
wonderful home rentals?

Has anyone heard of Wonderful Home Rentals? How is the area the below lodging is located?

4514 Connecticut Ave NW #308, Washington DC

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,153 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: wonderful home rentals?

There have been scam listings on VRBO and Homeaway. VRBO offers insurance in case you are scammed. Be sure to read what is and isn't covered with this insurance.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
862 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: wonderful home rentals?

Airbnb.com also offers insurance and they will help you find a new place to stay if you get scammed. Happened to me in NYC!

Georgioupolis...
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: wonderful home rentals?

well I've communicate with them via emails and its a scam because they want to wire the money to a checking account or to western union it DONT DO IT

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: wonderful home rentals?

I believe this is a scam. I was looking for a condo for my future inlaws. I sent them an email to inquire about the unit and I recieved a response immediately askin for a deposit. When I emailed once again to asked if I could view the unit since I was in the area I relized the email address they responded with was different from the one listed on their website. Again I wrote to them to view the unit since it was just a few blocks away and I received an illiterate email in return from someone saying that it would be impossible to view the unit and I would be better off using another website. Super shady!!! I smell a scam!

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: wonderful home rentals?

I believe this is a scam. I was looking for a condo for my future inlaws. I sent them an email to inquire about the unit and I recieved a response immediately askin for a deposit. When I emailed once again to asked if I could view the unit since I was in the area I relized the email address they responded with was different from the one listed on their website. Again I wrote to them to view the unit since it was just a few blocks away and I received an illiterate email in return from someone saying that it would be impossible to view the unit and I would be better off using another website. Super shady!!! I smell a scam!

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: wonderful home rentals?

17. Re: wonderful home rentals?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 30, 2014