We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White House Tour & NO response from my Congressional Rep

Michigan
Level Contributor
18 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
White House Tour & NO response from my Congressional Rep

Hello,

We are visiting Washington DC in late June/early July and I have completed the form on my Member of Congress' website as well as have emailed. This was 3 weeks ago and I have still had no reply. We are visiting very near the 4th of July holiday so I am concerned about crowds/tours etc. Does anyone have any tips on what I should do next? I am trying to stay organized & ahead of the other requests but am getting no response from my Congressman.

Thanks

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,097 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: White House Tour & NO response from my Congressional Rep

With the start of the new congressional session, I am sure their offices have been busy. You can always try phoning them. At least then you will know if anyone has actually listened to you. Be glad you have someone who gets a vote in Congress, because DC residents don't have that.

Edited: 11:38 am, February 03, 2013
naperville, illinois
Level Contributor
1,472 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: White House Tour & NO response from my Congressional Rep

I submitted our request through our senator on Jan 15. I knew it would be slow due to the ignauration. I did receive their followup email, requesting names, ec. on Jan 24. It has been submitted and now we wait.

I think as Darrell said they are busy with the congressional session and with the flood of requests they get for spring breakers.

It is worth a call though, I guess.

St.Petersburg...
Level Contributor
162 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: White House Tour & NO response from my Congressional Rep

We received an email for our complete info less than 1 week after submitting and we have since received a confirmation saying our request was submitted and we will be notified 1 month to 1 week prior to the date we requested.

Williamston...
Level Contributor
836 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: White House Tour & NO response from my Congressional Rep

I recently filled out the form on Sen. Stabenow's website. They then e-mailed the same day requesting SSNs for everybody. Called their office in DC and gave them. They said I'd hear back about 3 weeks before my trip. I'm going in early July.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: White House Tour & NO response from my Congressional Rep

I experienced the same scenario as DanielPofMI. I filled out the form on Stabenow's site and got an e-mail a day later asking me to call with SSNs of all attendees. I did that and was told I would hear back (with a yes or no) about three weeks before my selected date. I was also told if I'm getting antsy and want an answer, or have questions, before they've contacted me again to simply call their D.C. office. They were very helpful.

Michigan
Level Contributor
18 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: White House Tour & NO response from my Congressional Rep

Thanks everyone. I had used a different Congressman but went to Senator Stabenow's site and within 24 hours was contacted by one of her Staff Members. They were very helpful. Thanks again for the advice to contact her vs one of the other Michigan Congressmen.

Clinton Twp, MI
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: White House Tour & NO response from my Congressional Rep

I hit both Senators Levin and Stabenow along with my Rep. for every tour we could sign up for. Like everyone else I got the second email from Stabenow which makes sense with her initial limited questionnaire and the info required for the WH tour. Shortly after we were notified Printing and Engraving was unavailable. Two days ago we got confirmation for the Supreme Court tour. Both were from Stabenow. Both Senator's offices stated we would not hear about the WH tour, yes or no, until 2-3 weeks prior to the time frame we submitted for.

Since it appears everyone hit Stabenow then they know about the Michigan Tuesdays she does when in DC. Though not making it a must see, we are keeping it in our schedule as it would be interesting.

8. Re: White House Tour & NO response from my Congressional Rep

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 07, 2014