We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evenings in Washington DC ideas

Lytham St Anne's...
Level Contributor
154 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Evenings in Washington DC ideas

My husband and I will be spending 2 night 28th & 29th March, we are staying Crystal City area. we have our days planned out but just wondering about dining and entertainment in the evening.

All ideas welcome.

Thank you.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Evenings in Washington DC ideas

There are potentially thousands of options. What kind of dining and entertainment appeal to you, and at what cost?

If it was me I would try and check out a show at the 930 Club or Black Cat. But that might not appeal to you.

Lytham St Anne's...
Level Contributor
154 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evenings in Washington DC ideas

Definitely a live show, music or comedy or theatre. We don't drink too much so plain bars/clubs are not for us. And casual dining, nothing fancy...thanks will have a look at those places now. :-)

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,366 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Evenings in Washington DC ideas

I was going to suggest the Synetic Theater production of The Tempest (not your typical Shakespeare play), but it closes before you get here. synetictheater.org/event_pages/the-tempest/

There is lots of theater in DC, but that is the only one in Crystal City that I know of. Lots of places for a nice meal in the area, both chains and local places. …menupages.com/restaurants/…

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
12,954 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Evenings in Washington DC ideas

I suggest you take a look at the Washington Post's "Going Out Guide" to see what's going on while you are here.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/gog/

You might also want to sign up for Goldstar which offers discount tickets to performances. I use them regularly and just saw a play this weekend using Goldstar. You'll get a listing each week of what tickets are available and you can always "unsubscribe" after your trip to D.C.

www.goldstar.com

5. Re: Evenings in Washington DC ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, January 31, 2014