We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott in D.C. with Toddlers

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Marriott in D.C. with Toddlers

Any advice on a great Marriott location in D.C. near the tourist attractions or in a location with great restaurant choices and a nearby metro? I researched Marriotts but there are too many to wrap my mind around! We can stay in anything except for the Ritz since our discount won't apply there.

I'm staying in Bethesda for the week but would like to get closer to D.C. on the weekend (45 minute metro ride with a 4 and 2 year old is not that pleasant).

Any cool itinerary ideas are welcomed too.

Thanks

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,161 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott in D.C. with Toddlers

One of the best located hotels in DC is the Marriott Courtyard Convention Center. Another well-located Marriott property is the Marriott Metro Center.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott in D.C. with Toddlers

Thanks! It looks like the Marriott Courtyard is not accepting my discount for April. The Marriott Metro Center is as well as the JW Marriott on Pennsylvania. With the discount the JW is slightly cheaper. How is the location on the JW compared to the Marriott Metro Center?

Are they both walking distance to a metro station?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,161 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott in D.C. with Toddlers

The location of the JW Marriott is fine. It is closer to The Mall but not as close to a wide array of restaurants. And a block further from a Metro. And usually the most expensive of the downtown Marriott hotels.

4. Re: Marriott in D.C. with Toddlers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 30, 2014