We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

L'Enfant hotel

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
70 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
L'Enfant hotel

I see that this hotel averages at about $189 a night. I found a deal for $89. I know this is a good deal but I'm a little nervous to book it. Anyone have any thoughts about this hotel? I'm planning to book April 1-5.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,582 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: L'Enfant hotel

The hotel is located surrounded by office buildings and limited restaurant options after 5 pm and on the weekend. Also look at the actual hotel reviews. The hotel is in walking distance of the National Mall.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
2,924 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: L'Enfant hotel

It isn't the best hotel in town, but at $89 for Cherry Blossom season you are getting a great deal. I might look at the surrounding blocks on Google street view just so you understand how uninteresting the immediate surroundings are.

Largo, Florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: L'Enfant hotel

Also thinking of the same hotel as mostly want to walk to the mall and I anywhere else we want to go on the metro, easy access from that station. I understand there is a food court at that metro station. Is the food court not open in the evening and on the weekend?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,097 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: L'Enfant hotel

I do not know the answer, but I suspect that most, if not all, the food places in the L'Enfant Plaza food court are closed when the offices are closed. Another nice food court at the International Square, another office area of DC, is closed in the evenings and on weekends. Both are in places that tourists are unlikely to wander in and there are no nearby residences.

Edited: 5:31 pm, January 27, 2013
Fairfax County...
Level Contributor
2,369 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: L'Enfant hotel

If I can get it for $89 a night during Cherry Blossom festival, I would grab it. Yes, it has limited activities and practically no dining options after office hours. But it has a Metro station attached to the complex, and taxi is not expensive in DC. It is very close to Penn Quarter.

You are probably saving more than $100 a night by staying there. You can take a lot of short taxi trips for that money.

6. Re: L'Enfant hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 29, 2014