We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cherry Blossom Week: Bike Tour in the morning or at night?

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
66 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Cherry Blossom Week: Bike Tour in the morning or at night?

I'm thinking the first day of our DC vacation should be a tour. That being said..I don't want to be lazy and take a bus so I'm up for a bike ride. What do you think day or night? My husband is an avid cyclist and will hate looking nerdy. He'd never go for matching vests, etc. What company do you recommend? Thanks!

washington dc
Level Contributor
3,724 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cherry Blossom Week: Bike Tour in the morning or at night?

Which companies and tours have you looked at?

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
66 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cherry Blossom Week: Bike Tour in the morning or at night?

Bike -the -Sites (Bike and Roll) and Capital City Bike Tours.

Any experience with either?

Capital has a night tour that includes a 45 min boat ride boarding in Georgetown. Is that a plus?

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
7 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cherry Blossom Week: Bike Tour in the morning or at night?

We've used Bike and Roll for 3 different tours on 3 different trips (and actually from all 3 different locations) and have always had a very good time. We did the Blossoms trip, the Capital Sites, and the Historic Alexandria tours. The groups have usually been quite small, and the guides are knowledgeable. It's usually a pretty easy ride, with enough stops for photos and rests. I don't think you have to have the "matching vests" you'd be concerned about, but you do have to have helmets, and you probably be easily identified as a tour group. Not as bad as the tour groups of old people following some lady with an umbrella in the air though ;-)

4. Re: Cherry Blossom Week: Bike Tour in the morning or at night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 31, 2014