We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothing shopping

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
910 posts
1,097 reviews
Save Topic
Clothing shopping

Where do people buy clothes for work (women's) in DC?

I am not familiar with the larger malls-Pentagon City, Montgomery-would welcome info. I am familiar with the tons of shopping around Georgetown (31 and M), the Chevy Chase Metro (Friendship Heights) and Bethesda Row--both worthwhile. Since the department stores closed downtown, I haven't seen many clothing choices. I guess everyone is a workaholic and shops online. I do like Betsy Fisher, the DuPont Circle upscale fashion boutique. Any more? on 7th St. in Penn Quarter or on 7th in Capitol Hill? I also liked Catch Can but have been to but one location. Anything in Silver Spring?

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,212 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clothing shopping

I think you have touched on most of the shopping locations in the area. If you have a car, Tysons Corner Mall is worth a trip if you really want to do some shopping. There are tons of stores.

I am more of a mall shopper, myself, but there are several boutiques in the Logan Circle to U Street corridor, mainly along 14th.

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
73 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clothing shopping

Pentagon City's full name is really the Fashion Center at PC. It's generally less of a hassle to get to than Tyson's which is in the middle of Metro construction and features challenging driving. PC has a blue/yellow line Metro station that let's you out right in the Mall. I would try that first. Then if not satisfied, try Tyson's--which definitely has more shops. Both malls have websites, so you can check out the shops.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
732 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clothing shopping

There is one department store left downtown, which is Macy's near Metro Center. H&M is near that, which is where my wife loves to go shopping. Otherwise, you will find a lot of good choices at the aforementioned Fashion Centre at Pentagon City, which is has an Ann Taylor, another favorite place for my wife. They also have a Macy's, Nordstrom's and a ton of other clothing stores. Tysons Corner is the absolute shopping mecca here, but a pain to get to with or without a car.

4. Re: Clothing shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 25, 2014