We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inauguration - food courts....

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,188 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Inauguration - food courts....

Coming to the Inauguration via a one day bus trip (booked late at night in a weak moment), and have a standing ticket from my Representative (the dreaded purple area, I believe). After the ceremony I assume I will desparately want somewhere to sit ,relax, warm up and watch the hordes of people. I am not interested in a fancy meal, just something like the food court at Union Station and guess it will be mobbed - if I can even get over there from the Capitol. I always liked the one at the Reagan Building but wasn't sure if it would be open. Any other suggestions?

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,580 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inauguration - food courts....

try the food court at L'enfant Plaza south of the mall. Remember some street will be closed to pedestrians so you may want to look at the closures when planning your lunch. You might also try the food court at National Place at 13th and F St. NW if you can get across Pennsylvania Avenue from the Mall.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,077 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inauguration - food courts....

Every place within a mile of downtown will be mobbed.

washington dc
Level Contributor
3,891 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inauguration - food courts....

The Smithsonian museums will be open so you can certainly warm up and Air & Space has a food court, but I wouldn't count on it. Best just to bring pockets full of snacks.

4. Re: Inauguration - food courts....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 13, 2014