We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train or taxi to Baltimore airport ?

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kent UK
Level Contributor
37 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
train or taxi to Baltimore airport ?

Looking at flying into Washington DC from Uk stay 3 nights then fly to Nashville. 2 adults and ,1 18 and 1,16 year old. Have found that Southwest fly from Baltimore airport which is 35 miles. Have looked at transport links on TA and have decided to stay at "The Liason" Capitol Hill so near to Union station, apparently a 10 mins walk, and get to the airport that way.

My question is, would it work out cheaper, and easier, for the 4 of us and 4 cases to get a taxi or should we continue with our plan to use the train ?

Thanks in advance.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
19,721 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: train or taxi to Baltimore airport ?

" if the cab gets stuck in traffic, the taxi ride could be literally ten times more expensive than the MARC train."

And that is why I arrange a sedan and driver ahead of time, because they charge a fixed price that is a bit higher than the quickest taxi fare. Not to mention they help with the luggage. I will leave the MARC train to the younger folk.

12. Re: train or taxi to Baltimore airport ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 10, 2014