We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where does the megabus stop exactly at in Union station

Washington DC...
1 post
where does the megabus stop exactly at in Union station

I'm trying to take the megabus from union station in dc and I need the exact location of where the bus stops at - i.e. street intersection. Union station is so big and the area around it is large and very busy, so I really need an exact location so I can time myself and not get lost. A map with a pinpoint location would be great. thanks

38 replies to this topic
Springfield...
Destination Expert
for Fairfax
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
304 reviews
1. Re: where does the megabus stop exactly at in Union station

Megabus leaves from inside the parking garage. A map of Union Station can be accessed here. The buses are number 300 on the map.

unionstationdc.com/store/…2138814663

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,378 posts
58 reviews
2. Re: where does the megabus stop exactly at in Union station

According to the megabus website

he Megabus stop for all arrivals and departures in Washington, DC is located at Union Station. Union Station is located at 50 Massachusetts Ave and all departures will be from the bus deck. Passengers arriving by Metro should make their way to the top level of the Amtrak station and should go one level up to the bus deck. Passengers are asked to use caution on the bus deck and only cross traffic areas at designated crossings. The stop at K St. And North Capitol is no longer in use.

Fairfax County...
Level Contributor
2,795 posts
29 reviews
3. Re: where does the megabus stop exactly at in Union station

It is really simple.

(1) You get inside Union Station and get to the street level where all the gates to the Amtrak trains are.

(2) Go up the escalator right in front of Gate E to Mezz Level, turn right and go up another escalator. They are right there on your left.

Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
9,556 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: where does the megabus stop exactly at in Union station

And the Address of Union Station is 50 Massachusetts Avenue, Northeast, in case you need it.

Reston, Virginia
2 posts
5. Re: where does the megabus stop exactly at in Union station

I am deriving in a car and have to drop off osmeone or pick up someone coming the Megabus; How do I proceed?

Reston, Virginia
2 posts
6. Re: where does the megabus stop exactly at in Union station

I have a further clarification of the question:

I am deriving in a car and have to drop off some one or pick up someone coming the Megabus; How do I proceed?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
62,565 posts
48 reviews
7. Re: where does the megabus stop exactly at in Union station

You can park in the garage and meet them. Or you can pick them up in front of the station.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
97 posts
68 reviews
8. Re: where does the megabus stop exactly at in Union station

Ditto to whatever everyone else said; I would add, though that if you are using DC transit to get to Union Station using the Circulator bus is THE BEST because the last stop is the bus terminal right where Megabus picks you up. I love doing that instead of taking the Metro and manoeuvring through Union Station. It's not hard at all to do but saves you a little bit of hassle :) I would note that if you do take the Circulator give yourself more time - it could get stuck in traffic and then you could be in trouble.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
62,565 posts
48 reviews
9. Re: where does the megabus stop exactly at in Union station

" I would add, though that if you are using DC transit "

Wow, DC Transit...showing my age that I can remember that one lol.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
73 posts
16 reviews
10. Re: where does the megabus stop exactly at in Union station

Megabus leaves from the parking garage on the top level. Once you're inside Union Station, I think the signs say "Parking garage / intracity buses" or something like that. Basically you need to go up several levels from the main street level where the trains leave.

Reply to: where does the megabus stop exactly at in Union station
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted