We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotel??

Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
176 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
which hotel??

hotel rouge

beacon hotel and corp quart

embassy row hotel

savoy suites

looking for a nice location to walk/run by myself and nice room/bathroom. like the idea of being near/closer to quieter residential streets opposed to the big bustling busy streets.

thanks!!!

Hotel Hive
Hotel Hive
#2 of 142 hotels in Washington DC
The Jefferson, Washington DC
The Jefferson, Washington DC
#4 of 142 hotels in Washington DC
The Avery Georgetown
The Avery Georgetown
#6 of 142 hotels in Washington DC
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,839 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which hotel??

Location remarks: The Hotel Rouge and the Beacon Hotel are within sight of each other, with the Beacon a block closer to a Metro station. Embassy Row Hotel is in the very best location for Metro and interesting eating options. The Savoy Suites is far, far away from any Metro station and will require bus travel to get to most of the usual tourist sights. Close to the National Cathedral though.

Mentioned in this post
Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters
Beacon Hotel & Corporate...
1,385 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
The Embassy Row Hotel
The Embassy Row Hotel
1,576 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
176 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which hotel??

thank you! the rouge looks really nice and i read it's in a nice area.. but maybe too far of a walk to the zoo? I think the beacon is the type of area I want to be.. and the embassy too but the rooms at the embassy look a little run down and outdated.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,839 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which hotel??

You can take Metro to the zoo. No need to stay near it. The Omni Shoreham is a nice hotel close to the zoo.

Mentioned in this post
Omni Shoreham Hotel
Omni Shoreham Hotel
7,555 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which hotel??

I actually think of the Rouge as being closer to more interesting eating options than the Embassy Row. From the Rouge, in addition to the Dupont eateries, you're also near great options in the Logan Circle and U Street Corridor areas.

Mentioned in this post
The Embassy Row Hotel
The Embassy Row Hotel
1,576 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
Cafe Dupont
Cafe Dupont
668 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
U Street
U Street
70 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
5. Re: which hotel??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 29, 2013