We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carlyle Suites Hotel vs Homewood Suites by Hilton

San Diego...
6 posts
Save Topic
Carlyle Suites Hotel vs Homewood Suites by Hilton

We are contemplating between the following 2 hotels and would appreciate if someone can provide some inputs on these.

Please note that Homewood suites seems to serve breakfast as well as dinner, though Carlyle seems to have some good reviews and their hotel pictures look good.

So not able to make up our mind. These are almost equally priced for us.

1-

Homewood Suites by Hilton

1475 Massachusetts Avenue NW

Washington, DC

United States, 20005

2-

Carlyle suites Hotel

1731 New Hampshire Avenue, NW

Washington,DC 20009

U.S.A.

Thanks,

Trips

Seattle
Level Contributor
611 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carlyle Suites Hotel vs Homewood Suites by Hilton

I can only tell you about our experience at the Homewood Suites. My sister and I stayed there in April of 2010. We enjoyed our stay there. Location was good. Only about a 10-15 minute walk to the McPherson metro station. And a little longer walk to DuPont Circle. They serve a nice breakfast each morning. Cereals, yogurts, baked goods,fruit. They also had waffles, and a selection of hot items. Some kind of egg, meat(bacon, sausage) and a potato. They did also serve a dinner each week night(Mon-Thurs). It wasn't the best meal but we did eat there a few nights. We usually have a nice big lunch when we are out touring so this worked as good end of the day meal for us.

Rooms were good as it was nice to have a sitting area and the full kitchen would have been good if we needed it. Only stored drinks and snacks in the fridge. Beds were comfy.

Let me know if you have any other questions. This hotel doesn't come up alot in the forums as it isn't in the middle of things but we liked the location and we even walked to alot of places as we like to walk alot on our vacations.

washington dc
Level Contributor
3,897 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carlyle Suites Hotel vs Homewood Suites by Hilton

"We walked a lot" is key. Homewood is a less convenient location than Carlyle - which is closer to all the restaurants etc. of Dupont Circle. But depending on your touristing style, that might not matter. Sorry you missed out on vacation rental apartments - as you found, the good ones do book up a couple of months in advance in busy seasons such as fall.

Washington DC
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Carlyle Suites Hotel vs Homewood Suites by Hilton

Hi Trips! I just love a good hotel debate, although some say I am a little biased. LOL! I am not sure where they get that from!?! (hope you are smiling with me).

Carlyle Suites Hotel is a great property. Not just because of the central Dupont Circle location, the at-home amenities such as the Tempur-Pedic beds, full service kitchens and free WiFi. The hotel's biggest compliment on TripAdvisor has always been about the people behind it. We love hospitality and creating memorable experiences for our guests. We would love the opportunity to serve you and welcome you to Washington. If you have any questions or need any suggestions on how to spend your time in DC - please don't hesitate to reach out to me for some personal recommendations and guidance.

Warm Regards - MarcAnthony

Carlyle Suites Hotel

mcrimi@greataddresses.com

Edited: 10:05 pm, September 25, 2012
4. Re: Carlyle Suites Hotel vs Homewood Suites by Hilton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, December 14, 2013