We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mass transit DC to Md Rennesance Festival

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
32 posts
145 reviews
Save Topic
Mass transit DC to Md Rennesance Festival

I am looking to get to the Ren Fest from downtown this weekend, without taking my car. I am meeting a friend from the Gaithersburg area, so if I get near the Fest, she can pick me up for the remainder if the ride. With a Redskins Game I am sure there will be even more traffic around. Suggestions?

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mass transit DC to Md Rennesance Festival

Where is the Festival?

Harrisburg, PA
Level Contributor
509 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mass transit DC to Md Rennesance Festival

Appears the festival is a ways out east of D.C. heading towards Annapolis ... if your friend is from Gaithersburg, there's a good chance they'll take the beltway around to U.S. 50 East -- which would make it very easy for them to pick you up at the Greenbelt or New Carrollton Metrorail stations.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
52,395 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mass transit DC to Md Rennesance Festival

Renn Fest is nowhere near to the Redskins. And nowhere near to mass transit unfortunately.

I know it's a long trip, but have you considered taking Metro out to Gaithersburg and just traveling together from there?

(The festival is in Crownsville, MD, off of I-97 a few miles north of the Annapolis area)

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mass transit DC to Md Rennesance Festival

This weekend:

Red Line

Buses will replace Red Line trains between Grosvenor and Friendship Heights to allow for rail renewal, fastener replacement, grout pad rehabilitation and leak mitigation.

wmata.com/about_metro/…

Alternatively, you could take the Red Line in the other direction to Forest Glen and have her pick you up there.

5. Re: Mass transit DC to Md Rennesance Festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 pm, September 20, 2012
Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mass transit DC to Md Rennesance Festival

Depending on the route your friend is taking, is there's track work scheduled for that day (www.wmata.com), meeting them at the Forest Glen Metro (if they're taking the Beltway) or Glenmont (if they're taking Hwy. 200) sounds best. I doubt they'd take Hwy. 50, so meeting them at Greenbelt, New Carrolton or Largo may not work, but you could ask. What do they suggest?

7. Re: Mass transit DC to Md Rennesance Festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 09, 2013