We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

i need help

Buffalo
Level Contributor
563 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
i need help

wheres the farthest place we should look at while visiting washington. alexandria, old town, arlington, tysons corner, falls church (they seem far), etc. as you can imagine, hotels are pretty much booked for the dates we want to go. out of those places, are there any places we dont want to look at. a place on the metro would be great.

thanks for you help, hahaha we desperate, ill be up waiting for a response.........

Washington, DC
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: i need help

Thousands of commuters make the daily trek into DC from Vienna, Alexandria, Shady Grove, and Silver Spring (and home again in the evenings) without making a fuss. Tourists should be able to make the same journey, especially if it'll save them between $50-$100 a night.

The Virginia locales you mentioned should be fine, along with several along Metro's Red Line. Just make sure the place you select offers a shuttle to and from the Metro (or is within a few blocks of a station)!

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,144 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: i need help

Just note that if you book far out you won't be able to go back to the hotel for a break during the day. If this doesn't bother you, then go for it. Arlington is not far away--in fact, if you find a place in Crystal City or Ballston, you will be right by a Metro station. Hotels in Falls Church aren't within walking distance of any Metro stations so if you decide to stay there then be sure that the hotel provides a shuttle to the nearest one. Hotels in Tysons Corner that provide shuttles will either shuttle you to the Dunn-Loring or West Falls Church Metro stations. Another possibility--Springfield, VA. There are some hotels that are close to the Springfield-Franconia Metro station. Most hotels there provide a shuttle to the station. However, there are a few that don't -- so be sure to check. Another advantage to Springfield--you would be right by a Mall that has a food court as well as some sit-down restaurants.

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
455 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: i need help

Stay in Crystal City and be done with it. Cheaper than the city and you are only 3 metro stops away from the Mall. No car needed. With gas prices the way they are, the last thing you want to spend money on is sitting in our wonderful traffic.

Someone a few days ago posted that they got a room for 100 bucks a night. Crystal City also has places to eat and you can walk around safely as well.

Now, if you can go over to the Siena Italy forum and answer my question, I would be greatful. : )

Have fun