We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good food, good music, wide open space for 40's and up?

Frederick, MD
2 posts
Save Topic
Good food, good music, wide open space for 40's and up?

Hi Everybody,

My siblings and I are planning a 25th wedding anniversary celebration for our Dad and Stepmother in April. We are renting a limo to go from Frederick to either DC, VA, Rockville, or Bethesda areas. We want to go to a cool restaurant that has good food (not too pricey), live music (no rock or hip hop :), and open space for us to hang out and have fun. We'll be in a group of about 10 people. We're in our 40's and our parents are in their 60's. Our parents are pretty cool for their age and like to have a good time, but we don't want to go somewhere where it's too young of a crowd and too loud.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!!

Pam

Washington, DC
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good food, good music, wide open space for 40's and up?

My favorite place to take the in-laws is Timpano's Italian Chophouse in Rockville (www.timpanochophouse.net). I mean, how can you go wrong with a restaurant that features its "Starlight Lounge" and the "Sinatra Martini Bar?" Live jazz permeates the air, with swing dancing every Third Thursday. Definitely RSVP for such a large group, as the place is packed on weekends, and try to reserve one of their private rooms.

And Rat Pack music is their thing, Wednesday nights is Sinatra night at the ultra-chic Felix Lounge in Adams Morgan. Bring your white dinner jacket and introduce yourself as "Bond, James Bond." But watch out for Auric Goldfinger! (Unfortunately, Felix becomes a funk music venue on weekends).

Frederick, MD
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Good food, good music, wide open space for 40's and up?

Thanks drwong! I actually have Timpanos as one of the possibilities on my list. It sounds like a really cool place. I hope that's where we'll end up.

Thanks for the information.

Pam