We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

National 4-H Youth Conference Center

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
92 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
National 4-H Youth Conference Center

Can someone tell me their thoughts on the National 4-H Youth Conference Center in Chevy Chase, MD?

We're looking at booking an adult conference there next August. This conference is for people preparing to go overseas, so we're not necessarily looking for luxury accommodations, but want a clean place with good food. Price is important.

(I would have posted this on the Chevy Chase or Bethesda board, but they both look pretty dead.)

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,459 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: National 4-H Youth Conference Center

I used to run a lot of youth meetings at the 4H facility and I have always thought it was great. That said, please know that the emphasis of their business has been the youth market. This does not mean it is the wrong property for your group, but much of the facility is set up with rooms with bunk beds and an emphasis on youth. They do have double-double rooms in the main building, tons of meeting space of various sizes, and ample free parking. You should definitely take a look at it.

Another place you might consider is the Bolger Conference Center (http://www.dolce-bolger-center-hotel.com/). It is owned by the Postal Service (and operated by Dolce, a hospitality/hotel company) and caters to training seminars.

Not sure of the price difference, but it would also be worth a look (in my opinion).

dctravel

DC
Level Contributor
2,044 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: National 4-H Youth Conference Center

Also, please note that Connecticut Ave. up there is one of the worst speed traps on the planet. You really ought to factor in the cost of a few speed camera tickets for every car.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
92 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: National 4-H Youth Conference Center

LOL, thanks for the tip on Connecticut Ave!

DCTravel, I will definitely check out the Bolger Conference Center. Thanks!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: National 4-H Youth Conference Center

My son stayed at this place for a Youth Leadership camp and it is quite nice. Not too posh, but not a dump. Probably as you expect.

Are you looking to be in the D.C. area for a specific reason? There is another 4-H center in Front Royal, Virginia. I stayed there many years ago on a weekend trip to take child cancer patients from NIH on a ski trip. It was nice as well. May be less expensive than the place in Chevy Chase, which is a very expensive part of the country.

http://www.nova4h.com/

Los Angeles
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: National 4-H Youth Conference Center

The National 4-H Youth Conference Center reminds me of the conference I have attended few years ago at 82mercer.com . And it was really great.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: National 4-H Youth Conference Center

This is the perfect spot for you. I stayed here last month for three nights with 9 teenagers and 6 adults and it was suitable for everyone. I wasn't expecting too much but was pleasantly surprised at the high quality of the accommodation and the high quality of the food. You will not go hungry as there is plenty of food, also a wide variety on offer. The rooms are large and clean with large bathroom. The staff were attentive and helpful. The other bonus to this Conference Center is the beautiful suburb it is in. Although it is a taxi or bus ride out of Washington 'down town' the suburb is beautiful; a well-to-do residential area; very family orientated. I will use this property again. I hope this is helpful to you.

7. Re: National 4-H Youth Conference Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 15, 2014