We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

National Cherry Blossom Festival???????

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pontiac, MI
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
National Cherry Blossom Festival???????

Has anyone been to the Cherry Festival in DC. My friend and I would like to attend this year. However, we do not want to rent a car-is this feasible. We just want to enjoy the festivals and check out the museums. Any tips about the festival would be appreciated.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
281 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: National Cherry Blossom Festival???????

I was there last year, and it was mobbed. We stayed at the Marriott Convention Center in the downtown area, so we didn't need a car or the metro, which turned out to be a good thing, as it was a weekend and the lines for those trains were coming up onto the street in huge crowds. I'd advise you to stay in town if at all possible, and avoid the weekends if you can. The weather is lovely - not muggy DC summer and not the miserable wet winter, but just right, cool enough to keep you comfortable but warm enough to be hopeful. And the trees really are beautiful.

Their website is nationalcherryblossomfestival.org/cms/…

While on a trolley tour (recommended, you feel like a grade school kid and a dork, but it's a way to skip the metro/cab/rental car nightmare and it can be very informative) I stumbled across the Japanese American Memorial, and it seems to go well with the whole theme of the festival. Also, it's very pretty.

http://www.njamf.com/memorial.htm