We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near MCI Center

East Lansing...
Level Contributor
14 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels near MCI Center

Can anyone make a hotel recommendation near the MCI Center? If I am not mistaken, is the MCI Center right at the Chinatown Metro stop also? Coming into town to see the Pistons-Wizards 3/11. Thanks!!

nem
United States
Level Contributor
324 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels near MCI Center

Yes, the MCI Center is in Chinatown and near the metro.

I will recommend the Marriott Renaisance Hotel which is only around the corner from the MCI or any of the other nearby Marriott chain hotels. There are other nice hotels in that area as well. Check the Holiday Inn, The Embassy Suites near the Covention Center, The Marriott, and other big chain hotels in that area to compare prices.

I will also recommend reading the hotel reviews on this board.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels near MCI Center

The Hotel Monaco is directly across the street from the MCI Center. I haven't stayed at this one, but have had good experiences with other Monacos and enjoyed it. The hotel gets good reviews on this site as well.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
52,989 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels near MCI Center

Unless you want to for some reason, you don't have to limit your hotel choice to the immediate area of the MCI Center.

Metro runs right to the arena and there are probably 100 hotels within a 10-15 minute Metro ride.

Any particular price range or ambiance you're looking for?

East Lansing...
Level Contributor
14 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels near MCI Center

Price isn't so much a issue, i guess my biggest thing is being able to walk to the hotel from the metro with all my luggage. I last stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn on 14th Street, and I really liked being right off the Metro. I just figured being right next to the Metro and the MCI at the same time would be killing 2 birds with one stone.

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels near MCI Center

If price isn't really an issue for you, then you should stay in near the MCI Center. I live in the area, and I really like the neighborhood. Some other people gave really good recommendations earlier in this thread that are near the MCI Center. I think the Hotel Monaco is the absolute closest you can get though. The Gallery Place metro station has an exit at 7th and F streets NW, and the Hotel Monaco is located on the opposite corner of 7th and F. Also, the main entrance to the MCI Center is on F street just past 7th--basically you would exit the metro station and go right to get to the hotel, and left to get to the MCI Center.

Washington, DC
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
2,160 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels near MCI Center

There's a Red Roof Inn on H Street immediately north of MCI Arena (soon to undergo a name change to Verizon Arena or something like that), but if price isn't an issue for you, you can't beat the Hotel Monaco for location and accommodations, and there are tons of eating options within walking distance.