We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Washington DC to Niagra Falls

Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Washington DC to Niagra Falls

Hi there, just wondering if anyone could tell me if there are any bus tours going from Washinton DC to Niagra Falls and return?

Many thanks

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,166 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Washington DC to Niagra Falls

I doubt that there are any bus tours. It is a very long ride from DC to Niagara Falls---it's 406 miles away.

If you want a side trip to Niagara Falls, book a flight.

Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Washington DC to Niagra Falls

Ok......... any suggestions of which airlines fly DC/Niagra Falls?

Very new to this part of the world, any help much appreciated :-)

Thanks...

Fairfax County...
Level Contributor
2,619 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Washington DC to Niagra Falls

If you want to fly, Southwest has flights from BWI to Buffalo, which is half an hour from Niagara Falls.

If you want to endure a long bus ride, the cheapest way may be by Megabus from DC to Buffalo. It is slightly more than 8 hours, but sometimes with really low fares. For example, it is now quoting $12 for 2/25/2011, 10:45 am departure.

Mentioned in this post
Buffalo
Buffalo
New York
Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Washington DC to Niagra Falls

Thank you for your help :-)

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
311 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Washington DC to Niagra Falls

United also flies from Washington Dulles to Buffalo Niagara (BUF). Dulles is much closer to DC than the BWI airport. It's roughly 60 minutes or so. From Buffalo there are many options to the falls. Enjoy your visit.

Mentioned in this post
Buffalo
Buffalo
New York
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,853 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Washington DC to Niagra Falls

You can take the Amtrak trains to Niagara Falls too, though it is not very convenient. And takes a long time. The train from NYC to Niagara Falls leaves Penn Station at 7:15 AM and takes all day. So you have to leave DC in the wee hours or else spend a night in NYC. So I can't say I would recommend that way of getting there from DC.

Mentioned in this post
Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Washington DC to Niagra Falls

Thanks to all for your input :-)

8. Re: Washington DC to Niagra Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, October 12, 2012