We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The easy way to go from Baltimore Airport to Washington D.C.

Montevideo, Uruguay
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
The easy way to go from Baltimore Airport to Washington D.C.

I´ll be arriving Baltimore Airport. Which is the best way to go from there to Washington D:C.? How much is the average cost of a taxi from Baltimore Airport to Washington D.C.?

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
115 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The easy way to go from Baltimore Airport to Washington D.C.

Check out the FAQs on this subject, but a taxi is by far your most expensive option. Other choices include train (weekdays only), bus to Metro (lengthy but cheap), and shuttle.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The easy way to go from Baltimore Airport to Washington D.C.

Not surprisingly, airports usually have websites which provide this information.

http://www.bwiairport.com/en

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The easy way to go from Baltimore Airport to Washington D.C.

The easiest--but most expensive--would be a pre-arranged car and driver. Taxi would be less expensive.

See here for a full listing of your choices:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28970-i40-k300107…

Here is a listing of approximate taxi fares:

http://www.bwiairporttaxi.com/ratetable.htm

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
55 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The easy way to go from Baltimore Airport to Washington D.C.

Hi there,

We just did the same thing. We simply took the Marc train (metro) straight into Union Station (from there you can transfer to any line you want), and it cost $7 per person. It took only 30 minutes, and there were many trains that left during the day. It is off-site from the airport....we just got a free shuttle ride from our hotel (Holiday Inn Express).

Good luck!

Laurel, Maryland
Level Contributor
435 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The easy way to go from Baltimore Airport to Washington D.C.

You can take a free shuttle from the BWI airport to the nearby BWI Amtrak station and take an Amtrak train to Union Station in Washington DC. I'm not sure why the previous poster said "weekdays only" -- Amtrak runs every day.

Edited: 12:42 am, July 09, 2010
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
52,395 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The easy way to go from Baltimore Airport to Washington D.C.

"I'm not sure why the previous poster said "weekdays only" -- Amtrak runs every day."

I think there is some confusion because most people take the much cheaper MARC commuter train, which only runs on weekdays. But there is train service 7 days a week from BWI to Union Station; it's just limited to Amtrak on weekends.

7. Re: The easy way to go from Baltimore Airport to Washington D.C.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 06, 2011