We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels for Families

California
3 posts
Save Topic
Hotels for Families

My husband and I and two children, 10 and 12, will be visiting Washington D.C. on July 8th for a week. I currently have a reservation at Holiday Inn on the Hill but after reading some reviews, I am concerned about the area...i.e. no close restaurants, homeless. Am I overreacting??? Is this a good choice or is there another reasonably priced hotel with a good location. We like the city and want to be close to attractions and restaurants. A pool is a must!!!

Mentioned in this post
Washington DC
Washington DC
District of Columbia
Hotel Hive
Hotel Hive
#1 of 142 hotels in Washington DC
The Jefferson, Washington DC
The Jefferson, Washington DC
#4 of 142 hotels in Washington DC
The Avery Georgetown
The Avery Georgetown
#6 of 142 hotels in Washington DC
Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,166 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels for Families

The Holiday Inn on the Hill is not in the best of areas--especially at night. Have you considered Embassy Suites? They have a pool and offer a free full breakfast for their guests. Families who have stayed there have liked it. Plus it's about 3 blocks away from the Foggy Bottom Metro station. Another possibility near the same Metro station--Doubletree Guest Suites Washington, DC. Also, you could look into the Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC Franklin which is near the McPherson Square Metro station and has a pool.

Mentioned in this post
Washington DC
Washington DC
District of Columbia
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda
Hilton Garden Inn...
961 Reviews
Bethesda, MD