We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel/location for saturday night partying

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
101 posts
25 reviews
Best hotel/location for saturday night partying

Hi, we are staying in DC next saturday night after a conference in Virginia. We are ONLY coming in to party saturday night, then leave the next day. I want to find the best hotel next next to the largest amount of fun bars. I literally want to walk out of the hotel and have at least 4-5 fun options next door or around the block.

Other specifications:

--We are in young thirties and like top 40/alternative/ house music

--Like to dress up and look nice, but get annoyed with pretentious "scene" type places where people stand around posing.

--Do not like to sit down at tables in bars, a place where you can find a seat at the bar would be great, our at least a bar rail to put drinks

--A place where people are friendly/easy to meet people

--So yeah, a funky kind of casual party bar w/good mix of music, friendly people, a dressy crowd but not too pretentious--

Now is there a hotel in DC that is RIGHT NEXT to a couple places like this?

Thanks so much for any advice you can give me :)

Karla

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Best hotel/location for saturday night partying

Adams Morgan or Georgetown are a younger scene (more like 20s than 30s), so I would recommend either the Hotel Monaco or Courtyard Marriott Convention Center in Chinatown/Penn Quarter (depends on your price point).

Recommended bars:

Zaytinya

Zola (these two are more upscale and sophisticated)

Proof (if you like wine bars)

Iron Horse

Rocket Bar

Poste (in the Hotel Monaco--great back porch)

Clyde's

2. Re: Best hotel/location for saturday night partying

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, November 01, 2010