We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Help

Chicago
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel Help

In DC Week of Thanksgiving with spouse and kids 10 and 12. I have narrowed my hotel search down to the following: St Gregory Suites, One Washington Circle, Marriott Key Bridge or Hilton Garden Inn/Arlington Courthouse. Has anyone every stayed in these places tha can offer some advice? How long does it take to get from HGI to Washington Monument? Want place close to metro, walking distance to choice of restaurants and with room space to lounge around. Help me choose. Thanks!

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,149 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Help

From the Hilton Garden Inn, you would get Metro at the Courthouse station. For the Washington Monument, you would get off at Smithsonian and have a bit of a walk. To find out more---www.wmata.com -- Metro's webpage. There are fare charts as well as info as to how long it takes to get from point A to point B. BTW, people who have stayed at the HGI in Arlington have liked it.

Kempton, PA
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Help

I have stayed at all but the HGI. The other three are all within easy walks of metro stops but the St. Gregory and One Washington Circle are better neighborhoods for walking to restaurants and exploring around the hotel. Marriott is across the Key Bridge in more of a business/office area. you can easily walk across the bridge (safe pedestrian walkways) and be in Georgetown on M Street quickly. And, if you get a room at the Marriott overlooking the river, the view is special. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
Level Contributor
5,998 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Help

If you stay at the Marriott, you'll be a couple blocks (100-200 yards?) downhill from the Rosslyn Metro station, which is one stop closer to DC than the Courthouse Metro station. The Holiday Inn Key Bridge and the Best Western Key Bridge are practically next door, in that order on the way to the Rosslyn Metro station. Another 300-400 yards walking up the hill will put you in front of the Iwo Jima Memorial and border of the Arlington Cemetary.

The Rosslyn Metro station is just a little less than a one mile walk downhill from the Courthouse Metro Station. The neighborhood in between has tons of restaurants.