We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel with a view

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sugar Land, TX
Level Contributor
67 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
hotel with a view

This may be an impossible request but here goes...we are going to DC in March (family of 4, 2 boys ages 9 and 6). We want to stay near a metro stop, pay under $250 per night, have a suite space where we can put the boys in another room AND have a view of the city.

Any suggestions?

As a back up, we are willing to forgo the view and then our thoughts are bang for the buck in Crystal City.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel with a view

This isn't really a "view" town.

I think there is a nice view from some place in either Rosslyn or Crystal City, but I cant' remember the name of the hotel

The W probably offers some views of the White House but I don't know if there are any suites there.

Edited: 11:09 am, December 04, 2009
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel with a view

The view is definitely the restraining point there. There aren't many hotels in the city with great views, and many of the ones with great views (the W, the Hay Adams) will likely be north of $250/night. I would check out the various Embassy Suites in town. Families in search of suites seem to like them. Run a search in this forum and you'll see many threads on the upsides/downsides of the Embassy Suites around town.

washington, dc
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel with a view

Many of the rooms at the Omni Shoreham have lovely views over Rock Creek Park. It is also very conveniently located close to the Metro and just a couple of stops from all the sights.

McLean, Virginia
Level Contributor
523 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel with a view

You could have a great view at the Hay-Adams, the new "W" hotel (Where the Hotel Washington used to be), The Willard or the J.W. Mariott. None of those places would be anywhere near in your price range.

I agree with the advice about Embassy Suites. I love that chain for families.

LSKahn

dclikealocal.com

arlington, VA
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel with a view

I think the Hotel Palomar, in Rosslyn in Arlington has good views of DC since it is across the river. It is also convenient to a Metro station, the Rosslyn Metro.

los angeles
Level Contributor
240 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel with a view

Key Bridge Marriott - Rosslyn. Not sure about the price.

Va
Level Contributor
10,844 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel with a view

Crystal City will probably give you better views than staying in the city. You can be in the city and at the major sites as fast or faster from Crystal City than many of the DC hotels. I would check out he Residence Inn Pentagon City.

My personal favorite view would be from the Sheraton National in Arlington.

8. Re: hotel with a view

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 06, 2010