We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding Anniversary trip on an early November weekend- any...

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding Anniversary trip on an early November weekend- any...

We are looking for an economical hotel for our weekend. We'd like to do some sightseeing, etc. Doesn't matter which area of town as long as it is safe and easy to take a shuttle, etc. to other areas.

Does anyone have any tips for us to make this as economical as possible?

Also, we may splurge a little on restaurants..any favorites that are ideal for an anniversary weekend?

Thanks!

Houston
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding Anniversary trip on an early November weekend- any...

Also, ...we are open to B&B advice/ideas! Thanks again!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding Anniversary trip on an early November weekend- any...

Hi, can you give an idea of what you consider to be economical for a price for the hotel/B&B? It will make it easier for suggestions. Thanks!

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding Anniversary trip on an early November weekend- any...

Hi pearland,

I can't provide much advice on hotels, but I have a few restaurant recommendations.

First, Corduroy in the Four Points Sheraton at 1201 K Street NW. My husband and I went there for his birthday this year and absolutely loved it. Here is a review from the Washington Post: www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn…

Also, Cashion's Eat Place at 1819 Columbia Road NW in Adams Morgan. Went there for my birthday last year and had a wonderful meal. www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn…

These place are both in the range of $100 (or so) for two people. Both are "American" food, but definitely upscale.

Another great resource for DC dining is a weekly chat with the Washington Post food critic Tom Sietsema. It happens nearly every Wednesday at 11:00am Eastern. You can read a transcript of the chat when it is finished. Chat links are always found towards the bottom right of the Washington Post homepage--it is called "Live Online." Also, if you go here: washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/linkset/20…

you can view transcripts of many of the recent dining chats. I read it every week!

Hope this helps!

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
455 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding Anniversary trip on an early November weekend- any...

Crystal City seems to have some of the best prices and is just across the bridge from DC. You could also check out Quikbook.com, a little different from priceline in that you get to see the hotel before you choose. Not as cheap as priceline, but it is your anniversary, so you might not want to chance it.

The Jurys in Dupont has also been mentioned as a good and affordable hotel.

As for places to eat, I just took my wife to DC Coast (14th and K) for our wedding anniversary. We love the place.

Other nice places that are worth the money include:

Cashions

Restaurant Nora (very pricey but good)

Butterfield 9

While everyone raves about Citronelle, we went there and it was not worth the $320 we spent. We did it up at DC Coast, champagne, apps, dinner and wine, souflee and port for $240 and had a much better time. Personalized menu if you tell them it is your anniversary they won't rush you out. Ask to be seated in Shannon's section.

Houston
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding Anniversary trip on an early November weekend- any...

I guess for a hotel we'd be excited to get anything less than $150/night for a nice hotel or B&B. (if that is possible)

Thanks!