We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spy museum

Des Moines, IA USA
Level Contributor
113 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
spy museum

I see on the International Spy Museum website that photography is not allowed. Can you be in possesion of your camera, as long as you don't use it?

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,164 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: spy museum

Susie---I would guess that, like most museums, you can be in possession of your camera while there as long as you don't take pictures. Some places will have you check your camera, although I don't know of any places around here that would make you do that. By answering this and thus bumping it to the top, perhaps someone who has been to the Spy Museum recently will see this and answer your question.

Grafton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: spy museum

I was just at the Spy Museum on Saturday (9/3). Unlike many of the museums in DC, they didn't even check our bags. No photography allowed, but they don't care if you have your camera with you.

Grafton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: spy museum

Another little bit of advice for you. The museum is a lot of fun, but it is very crowded. And it can be difficult to see some things.

Lots and lots of people inside. They are doing a timed ticket entry as well. If you know when you want to go, buy tickets in advance (earlier in the day and on a weekday is probably best to avoid at least some of the crowds).

We went on a weekend when the city was mostly empty, and the only place crowded was the Spy Museum! But it is still mostly definitely worth a visit (and the price of admission).

Des Moines, IA USA
Level Contributor
113 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: spy museum

Great information. I already purchased tickets online.

Thanks!!! Susie