We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Town, Virginia

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
196 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Old Town, Virginia

I will be in Alexandria for a long weekend...can you recommend a nice place to stay? Thanks.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
222 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Town, Virginia

I work with someone who just returned from there this weekend. He stayed at the Holiday Inn Select Old Town. He'd been there in May for a business trip, an offsite workfest. When he travels routinely, the company puts him up at the Marriott Fairview.

The fact that he stayed at this hotel on his own leads me to believe it was better than the average HI. AND the purpose of his weekend visit was to specifically visit Old Town.

Las Cruces, New...
Level Contributor
307 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old Town, Virginia

The Holiday Inn in Old Town is very conveniently located--close to the waterfront, in the heart of all of the action. However, it's not very close to a Metro (www.wmata.com) station, but the hotel probably has a shuttle and there's also free DASH shuttle buses from Old Town Alexandria (www.ci.alexandria.va.us) to the King Street station.

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Old Town, Virginia

I haven't been inside the Holiday Inn/Old Town in many years, but you might find it a little dated. The unquestionably best place to stay would be the Morrison House on S. Alfred St. just off King St. Elegant and expensive, but definitely worth it if your budget permits.

Otherwise, there's a new Hilton across from the King St. Metro station, and a Marriott Residence Inn or Courtyard Suites not much further away. As the other poster said, they both probably have shuttle vans down to the waterfront etc. I've stayed at Residence Inns elsewhere in the country, and think that you can't beat them for spaciousness and value, although in this location it can't be cheap.