We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adult entertainment after museums?

Bellflower...
Level Contributor
59 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Adult entertainment after museums?

Single male will be there first week of July. Is there any place to go in the evening that can be done solo?

I checked the baseball schedule and the Nationals won't be in town so looking for other activity.

thanks

Mentioned in this post
Nationals Park
Nationals Park
1,401 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
5,505 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adult entertainment after museums?

Obviously, there are options, depending on what type of adult entertainment you are seeking.

If you're looking for baseball, the Orioles are 45 minutes away and are in town playing Cleveland July 1-3. Getting a single ticket at (or below) face value is pretty easy in the "scalp-free" zone right outside the ballpark if you can't get one in advance or want to remain flexible.

A pretty good calendar listing with live music, etc. is on the Washington City Paper website at http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com and the entertainment guide from the Washington Post at washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/…

A simple Google search will lead you to other forms of entertainment, specifically geared to male audiences. I threw in a basic phrase and Google came back with suggestions of clubs that have been there for generations, some providing multiple reviews by customers.

The few personal reviews I could provide are, unfortunately, 20 years out of date. For your own safety visiting entertainment of this type, I'd stick to areas of the city west of 16th Street NW.

Mentioned in this post
Bellflower...
Level Contributor
59 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adult entertainment after museums?

Tubman,

Thanks for your ideas/recommendations. Just came back from D.C.

Rented a car and went to Gettysburg A.M. then for lunch stopped at Chubby's and ate! great food.

Then drove to Baltimore to watch Cleveland whip Orioles butt. Purchased a $40 ticket for $20.00 right behind vistors dugout.

Thanks for your input.

Mentioned in this post
Gettysburg
Gettysburg
Pennsylvania
Baltimore
Baltimore
Maryland