We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Key Bridge

Cleveland
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Topic
Marriott Key Bridge

Read some posts about this location - mostly good. I can get it for $49 via employee discounts. Is this a good location??? I just saw a map and it looks like there is a highway (Lee?). Marriott say the Metro is 2 blocks away. As long as I get on the Metro everything should be fine right? Will I be able to walk there without risking life and limb?

The map didnt have a scale for me to determine how far things are. Georgetown is across the Potomac. Is walking there at night going to be safe? Is it even within walking distance? Is anything else in the area worth seeing? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Rich

DC
Level Contributor
794 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott Key Bridge

You getting a steal! Good for you! Georgetown is only across the bridge, and is safe during the day. I'm not sure If you'd want to make that walk at night. Taxi far from DC to Rosslyn isn't all that much maybe 10-13 bux.

You'll be quite near a subway which will bring you to almost anyplace in DC, except Georgetown. When the subway was being build, the Georgetowners deliberately nixed having a subway build in their area. They thought it would draw the wrong crowd. Man, are they upset now.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
732 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott Key Bridge

There is a blue shuttle bus that takes you to Georgetown and back for a dollar each ride. The walk across the Key Bridge is nice during the day, and is pretty safe at night, but the shuttle bus makes everything more convenient. There is a highway next to the hotel, but there is a traffic light and a skyway, so getting to the Metro should be no problem.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott Key Bridge

Thanks for the info. So is the blue shuttle part of the metro system or separate? I ask because we are planning on getting those passes that have unlimited usage of the metro. Also how late does the blue shuttle run?

Also, any more opinion on safety? The 2 posts had different opinions. One said "pretty safe" and the other said "not sure were different if I'd make that walk at night"

Thanks again.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
732 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriott Key Bridge

The blue shuttle is not part of the Metro system, so you need to pay each time you use one. It runs the same hours that Metro does, ending at midnight Sunday through Thursday and about 2-3AM on Friday and Saturday. As for safety, I live in that area and I know it's very safe. There aren't many businesses between the Metro and the Marriott that are open at night, so it might feel desolate, but it's still safe.

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marriott Key Bridge

Hi! I want to chime in as well and add that I agree that the area where the Marriott is located is quite safe.

Is everyone referring to the Georgetown Connector bus when talking about the "blue shuttle"? It isn't part of the metro system, but they do accept metro bus transfers--which would lower an already cheap fare of $1 down to about $0.35 (if I remember correctly). If for some reason you were going to take metro and them hop on the connector, just grab a bus transfer as you leave the metro station and give it to the driver for a reduced fare.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marriott Key Bridge

Another chiming in here -- the location is safe. My family has stayed in this hotel before. At the time they stayed at the Marriott Key Bridge the kids were 11 and 9 years old. They had no concerns with safety. This is a fantastic location!!!