We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Woman hit by car...?

Texas
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Woman hit by car...?

I don't really know where else to find out about this, but I was in DC last month, and on May 20th, I believe -- it was the day it poured rain, power outages etc -- there was a story on the news about a woman who was involved in a road rage incident. To be brief, a minor fender bender with another motorist resulted in the other guy hitting the woman (who was on foot) with his car, while she tried to hang onto it and got dragged. Witnesses said he carried her to the side of the road and then drove off. Later that night, an update reported that the man's car had been found, but no one was in it. I was shocked at this incident and really tried to follow it after I got home, but couldn't find anything about it on the net. Does anyone know how it turned out? Is the woman OK? Did they catch the guy? Any help or pointing me in the right direction is greatly appreciated!

USA
Level Contributor
2,214 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Woman hit by car...?

I don't know how the woman is. She was very seriously hurt, but I don't think she died

They did arrest the car owner. He claimed his car had been stolen, but didn't report it until hours after the incident. He's in jail.

The woman chased the man who had hit her car for a distance and eventually into a parking lot, then got out and tried to stop him from leaving.

No excuses for the man, but people in cars need to avoid confrontation no matter whose fault it was.

Texas
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Woman hit by car...?

I agree, and thank you. Hopefully she will be OK!