We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public parking around Foggy Bottom?

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
granite bay, calif
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Public parking around Foggy Bottom?

We will be staying at the Renaissance M Hotel on New Hampshire Ave at M for Easter weekend and I am looking for a parking option besides the hotel's valet parking......Any ideas?

Thanks to all of you that take time to offer such great insight for us visitors. This is such a fabulous resource for travelers.

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public parking around Foggy Bottom?

Just to clarify, are you saying that you would need a place with 24-hour parking to leave you car for the weekend? Would you be parking overnight?

granite bay, calif
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public parking around Foggy Bottom?

Sunwise, To clarify....I would be looking for overnight parking in the vicinity of the hotel for two full days. We will be taking side trips to Gettysburg and Mount Vernon so we will be using the car during the day. Are there public parking facilities in this area? When we go to San Francisco, we always use public parking (it costs more for my car to stay at the hotel than it costs me!)

Thanks.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,194 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public parking around Foggy Bottom?

If you're coming over a weekend, you might consider parking on the street. Some of the parking restrictions are looser over the weekends. If you're not comfortable with that or find that there are still restrictions (mainly on Saturday), there are some garages around in some office buildings (like on L Street and 21st or 20th). Definitely check the restrictions for overnight parking and their hours, though. They might be locked on Sunday without a monthly pass, etc. DC is seriously lacking in public garages. Good luck!

california
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Public parking around Foggy Bottom?

What did you end up with? We are going on March 15 and will stay in the same hotel for two nights. I don't want to pay $32 per night for parking. Please let me know if you found a safe place to leave the car overnight.

North Carolina
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Public parking around Foggy Bottom?

I also will stay in the renaissance M Hotel on May 26-28. I do not want to pay $32 for valet parking at the Hotel. Please, let me know are there any public parking that I can park overnight. Thank you.

granite bay, calif
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Public parking around Foggy Bottom?

I did not find nor see any public parking lots.....so I rationalized paying for the parking because I had recieved such a low bid on Priceline for the room. Parking on the street (which is safe in this neighborhood) is free on the weekend so I informed the hotel that I would not need parking for these nights and I parked on the street. Make sure the hotel knows the day before so you don't get charged for a partial day...and check the bill.

7. Re: Public parking around Foggy Bottom?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, September 22, 2009