We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White House Tickets

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
White House Tickets

We have contacted our state represenatives for assistance in obtaining White House Tickets. We made our request via e-mail. Our questions--How long until you receive any form of response? Will tickets be mailed? Will Call? Along the same line--What about pre-purchased tickets for other landmarks? (monument, Smithsonian etc.) Thanks!

Washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
264 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: White House Tickets

Here is a phone number that's a 24 hour line that may help you will some of your questions concerning White House tours and events: 202-456-7041.

One SHOULD try and get their requests in for a White house tour in as soon as possible. I think they ask for you to get your requests in about 6 months from when you are planning to come to D.C....this is so they can prepare for your trip and have your requests done and you notified before these tours fill and you will be out of luck. Since the summer months are the busiest, it will probably be a little harder to get tickets or you may be placed on a waiting list.

Try this website for information concerning the museums: www.si.edu

Click onto the Visitor information, and it should help you out!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
222 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: White House Tickets

We made reservations for a DC trip in mid-April for July 21-25. I emailed my representative at the same time. I got a call from his office about 2 weeks later. I was told that they would make a best effort for the tour tickets, but they couldn't guarantee. It is now almost a month before our trip, and I haven't heard anything. I requested a Capital Tour and a Bureau of Engraving and Printing Tour at the same time. Haven't heard about those, either.

Not sure if things have changed since 9/11, but the last time we went (1997), we got a timed ticket for the Washington Monument at their ticket booth. We did an FBI tour also,arranged through our representative, and received a letter giving us the time for the tour.

Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: White House Tickets

I am traveling to Dc July 2-7 and I was told from the congressman's office (Wisconsin-Sensenbrenner's office) that I would hear on tickets until about 2 weeks prior to our travel dates, and for the White house, maybe only 1 week prior. Hard to plan your days if you don't know when you will get tickets, but that if what I was told about 2 weeks ago when I called back to follow up..make sure you get the name of the person you talked to and follow up with them to see if they are taking care of your request.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: White House Tickets

We too are traveling from Wisconsin, but we were told by Congressman Ryans office if we were lucky enough to get the White House Tour, we needed to fill out paperwork 10 days in advance of our arrival for security clearance.......we have not heard back from his office yet, and are traveling July 9 - 15

tucson
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: White House Tickets

We made our email to our representative in January for our late June trip. He confirmed all our information and let us know that the tour info would be sent about 2-3 weeks prior to our trip. Last week, we received a hard copy through the mail with our times and confirmation numbers. We are doing White House, Mt. Vernon and Bureau of Engraving. None need tickets, just the confirmation numbers. This was through our Arizona rep. We were told tickets had to be requested 6 months in advance, especially for summer.

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: White House Tickets

Thanks to all for your advice and personal experiences. We are going to DC in August and we were waiting for White House tour dates (and others) before booking our rooms as we gave a 2 week leadway, planning our trip contingent on tour dates. Looks like we will just book 'em danno and enjoy the sites as is.

Chicago
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: White House Tickets

I've never been on a tour of the White House, but I've heard that it isn't worh it. There is a several hour wait only to see about 4-5 rooms. I recommend wakling around the area and going to the South Lawn for a nice view of the White House.

8. Re: White House Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, May 13, 2009