We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vermonter or regional service from DC to NY? (Amtrak)

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Vermonter or regional service from DC to NY? (Amtrak)

Which one should I take? Vermonter spends 10 minutes less than regional service? Price is the same

Thanks

Matias

Washington DC Hop-On Hop-Off...
1,381 Reviews
from $13.50*
Gettysburg Day Trip from Washington DC
336 Reviews
from $150.00*
Special Offer
International Spy Museum
219 Reviews
from $18.20*
$24.26
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
5,697 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vermonter or regional service from DC to NY? (Amtrak)

If time saving is so important that ten minutes is going to make a difference, you frankly should be looking at taking the quicker, more expensive Acela service versus over Amtrak's other trains.

Otherwise, I'd take whatever train best fits your schedule.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vermonter or regional service from DC to NY? (Amtrak)

6 of one, half dozen of the other.

Pick the one that best fits your schedule.

I LOVE taking Amtrak from DC to NY and vice versa. Very easy. Nice big seats. Buy your lunch/dinner and bring aboard.

washington, dc
Level Contributor
663 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vermonter or regional service from DC to NY? (Amtrak)

they're really pretty much the same thing, i wouldn't stress over it. on any given day, it could be equally as fast as the regional service.

as for the mention of the time saved on acela, IMO it really isn't worth the exorbitant extra cost for the relatively modest time savings...unless of course, somebody else is footing the bill...

4. Re: Vermonter or regional service from DC to NY? (Amtrak)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, September 16, 2009