We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels late December

ny
Level Contributor
68 posts
9 reviews
Hotels late December

Hi,

Traveling at the end of December. Looking for a hotel under $200 for 2 adults mid 50's. Close to the metro, museums, good restaurants, shopping, and nightlife. What hotels and area should we be looking at?

Thank you!

5 replies to this topic
Bel Air, Maryland
Level Contributor
672 posts
145 reviews
1. Re: Hotels late December

Room rates are very low at the end of December. Most of the Hilton and Marriott properties are less than $150/night.

I love Old Town Alexandria. Many restaurants and shops. The Hilton and the Embassy Suites next to the Metro stop are excellent.

I also like the Marriott Metro Center. $100/ night at the end of December. Located at a major Metro stop.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
21,254 posts
51 reviews
2. Re: Hotels late December

Staying in Old Town Alexandria in winter has a downside. The Metro stations in Alexandria are all outdoors and it can be quite cold waiting for a train. The same fo the NoMa station in DC. Arlington stations near hotels are underground. As are most DC stations.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
4,218 posts
64 reviews
3. Re: Hotels late December

I'd take advantage of the lower rates and stay in central DC myself. Just use a booking tool and look at the map it shows, the hotel will probably be called in "downtown" or "Penn Qtr", Dupont Circle isn't too far away.

australia
Level Contributor
632 posts
209 reviews
4. Re: Hotels late December

We enjoyed Grand Hyatt.Above a Metro stop. We walked to Mall and ubered back .

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
40,373 posts
660 reviews
5. Re: Hotels late December

What are your actual dates? As you know actual dates are important for hotel prices especially in the U.S in major cities.

Reply to: Hotels late December
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted